Sunday, October 31, 2010

All Hallows Eve Poem


Keith carved our Jack 2010 here, and in light of today being All Hallows Eve, I thought I would definitely post the wonderful poem sent out today from the Academy of American Poets. So, enjoy!

"Theme in Yellow" by Carl Sandburg
I spot the hills
With yellow balls in autumn.
I light the prairie cornfields
Orange and tawny gold clusters
And I am called pumpkins.
On the last of October
When dusk is fallen
Children join hands
And circle round me
Singing ghost songs
And love to the harvest moon;
I am a jack-o'-lantern
With terrible teeth
And the children know
I am fooling.
I'll post photos of the kids in their costumes tonight or tomorrow so you can see them in all their, um, glory.

Last night I was reading Psalm 146 from the Psalter, and the verses spoke to me of all that has been heavy on my heart for the past couple of weeks:


Blessed is [s/]he whose help is the God of Jacob, whose hope is in the LORD his[/her] God who made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that is in them, who keeps faith forever....(Psalm 146:5-6, ESV)
Wishing you all a safe and blessed All Hallows Eve,

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin