Thursday, October 21, 2010

Cute as a Button....


Yes, I've been playing with Blogger tonight. I'm not sure this new template is for me; Keith thinks it's too blue, and I think I'm inclined to agree.

So don't be surprised to see a different template tomorrow (or even when you get around to reading this post!) as I plan to fiddle around with it this weekend.

But with Keith's PhotoShop expertise, we were able to design a Blog Button for me! I would love to see it end up on a few of your blogs, if you feel so inclined--the code is in the sidebar, thanks to A Heart 4 Home's wonderful tutorial on posting the code.  I'm just glad to have one to post for Multitude Mondays and Walk with Him Wednesdays on Ann Voskamp's A Holy Experience.

And isn't Ann's new blog design lovely??? Among her beautiful new blog, plus Jennifer's at Conversion Diary and of course Sarah's at Paper Roads, I feel the need for something new and fresh and clean.

But after living with this template all evening, I don't think this is it.

I've also debated a move to Wordpress, but I haven't had the guts to do it. I feel comfortable navigating and playing around with Blogger, but would really love to have my own domain rather than the darn "blogspot.com" in my address. Ah, well...small details.

So I'm off to bed now and will indeed be playing around with templates this weekend....

Any advice is gratefully solicited. :)

Blogging along with you,

2 comments:

Dennis Volz said...

I think this template looks great, Susanne. Not too blue at all! I love the banner and the new button. You know I started out with blogspot and then migrated everything to WordPress. It's a great platform and you can migrate all your posts from blogspot to your new Wordpress Theme.

Take a look if you like.... I use the THESIS THEME. http://www.dennisvolzlive.com/resources/wordpress-themes/

Susanne Barrett said...

Thanks, Dennis. I'll take a look at your WordPress blog this morning after chapel. The banner is the same one I've used for a while; Keith just added a black border to it.

I appreciate your advice and support! Thanks!

See you on Sunday!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin