The welcome rain pours from grey sky--gentle at times, angry at others. The sun remains masked, and despite thankfulness for much-needed rain, I crave light and bright.
It's been a difficult week, with daughter staying at college over the weekend, with financial struggles and the need for permanent work for Keith, with illness making itself felt and a bit of a stomach bug on top of my usual weaknesses.
As I planned our school week, I chose 1 Thessalonians 5:15-18 for our memory verse for the next two weeks, as much for me as for the boys:
15 See that no one repays anyone evil for evil, but always seek to do good to one another and to everyone. 16 Rejoice always, 17 pray without ceasing, 18 give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. --English Standard VersionSo as I seek to "give thanks in all circumstances," I share with you my wee contribution to the Gratitude Community at A Holy Experience on my slow, halting journey to One Thousand Gifts.
I thank God for...
371. ...welcome rain thirstily consumed by parched earth, by withered oaks and barren pines.
372. ...the sun attempting to shine through my kitchen window as I type this.
373. ...illness that slows me down and makes me rest (in Him) when I refuse to.
374. ...for a mentor who shares heart so deep and prays so faithful.
375. ...for help from dear husband in redesigning blog and creating a beautiful blog button.
376. ...for much progress on Book of Common Prayer project with Father Acker and Alice
377. ...for Ann who teaches and guides by living life deep and real and true.
378. ...for four healthy children who bloom giftings from God.
379. ...for power of His Words to calm, comfort, inspire.
380. ...for a wonderful husband who works so hard and prays so deep.
Thanking Him for His many blessings as fear dissipates and enemy weakens in the Light of His Loving Grace....
Walking in thanks this day and, I pray, each day,