Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Nov PAD Poem #20


The November PAD Poetry Day 19 Challenge was to write a poem with a hole in it. And so I tried it....

The Hole
The hole broadens, widens,
swallowing me whole
in a single, satisfied gulp.
And I let it happen.

I feel helpless against its powers,
unable to put up a fight,
unable to struggle against it,
unable to whisper for help.
And who could help me anyway?

Perfection is a demanding taskmaster,
one to whom I have bowed in obeisance
far too often to resist now.
And so I limply acquiesced,
entering the all-consuming black hole
once again.


Copyright 2010 by Susanne Barrett

It's been a long month, difficult and busy, but I hope to catch up completely with the Nov PAD Poetry Challenge--I'm only three poems behind now! Yay!

Writing furiously,

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin