Sunday, January 28, 2007

12/18/06: Go Chargers!!!!

I'm still not sure I believe it.

Are the San Diego Chargers really at 12 - 2? Whoa!

It seems like aeons ago (and it was) that the Chargers were in the Snow-Ball, playing the Bengals in blizzard conditions when I was in high school. When the Bengals pulled ahead, my brother and I suspended our stuffed tiger from the pepper tree in the front yard and played pinata with it, beating it with a black plastic baseball bat.

Then the Chargers were in the Superbowl, and we dressed E in a toddler cheerleader outfit, and she waved her blue and yellow pom poms. They lost, of course. It's been hard to be a Charger fan sometimes.

So I've been scared to watch much this season, afraid I'd somehow "jinx" my Chargers. But once I know they've won, I'm happy.

Fair weather fan? Not quite. Just a very nervous one, I think.

But I gotta say it: Go Chargers!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin